Allegation al·le·ga·tion [al-i-gey-shuhn]
- the act of alleging; affirmation.
- an assertion made with little or no proof.
- Unproved statement or assertion, esp one in an accusation
- an assertion, claim, declaration, or statement made by a party in a legal proceeding, which the party then undertakes to prove.
- A statement of claimed fact contained in a complaint, a criminal charge, or an affirmative defense.
- a statement offered as a plea, excuse, or justification.
- a statement saying that someone has done something wrong or illegal