WordPress offers Blogging University as a way to help bloggers, new and old, with all aspects of their blogs. They have a range of courses:
- Blogging 101: Commenting Bootcamp: Overcome the fear of commenting.
- Blogging 101: Zero to Hero: Get grounded in blogging basics.
- Blogging 201: Branding and Growth: Focus your blog and grow your audience.
- Blogging 201: Customization: An in-depth look at free customization tools.
- Photography 101: A Shot a Day: A photo-a-day introductory course.
- Writing 101: A Poem a Day: Give your expression free rein.
- Writing 101: Building a Blogging Habit: Stretch your writing muscles.
- Writing 101: Finding Everyday Inspiration: Find fresh inspiration in unexpected places.
- Writing 201: Finding Your Story: Become your own best editor.
- Writing 201: Poetry: Explore new poetic forms and devices.
I have participated in a few of the courses before and have found them to be fun and educational. What is great about the courses is that they have a private community area for participants. So you can go and get feedback from other participants, connect with WordPress Editors, and Happiness Engineers. The courses vary in length; for example Commenting Bootcamp is a week long, where Blogging 101 is three weeks. To sign up and participate in the courses you do need at the least a WordPress account; which is free.
They also have a few e-books to help people get started with blogging, and photography:
- E-Book: Writing: Writing 101 Build a Blogging Habit
- EBook Writing 201: Finding Your Story
- EBook: Grow Your Traffic, Build Your Blog
- EBook Photography 101
- EBook 365 Writing Prompts
To learn more about creating a blog (and account): https://wordpress.com/learn-more/?v=blog