Once again one the Powerball jackpot prize is over $400 million. I’ve noticed that with the higher jackpots two things seem to happen:
- More advertisements on TV and radio.
- More scams and people trying to sell their “lottery winning systems.”
Here are a few tips to avoid the scams:
- In order to win a lottery you first have to enter that lottery.
- Any lottery with an anonymous entry system (like the multi-state ones) won’t have your name and address until you give it to them. You have to go to their offices with your signed winning lottery ticket.
- When a lottery prize is this large buy the ticket yourself.
- Don’t waste your money on “lottery winning systems”. Search online for tips. If the person wrote a book, wait until it gets to the library. Or read through the online reviews.
Remember that unlike Poker, BlackJack, or other skill based games; the lottery is based on chance. There is a chance that the numbers on the ticket will match the numbers randomly drawn. The current odds of winning the game are 1 in 292 million. Put another way the odds of winning are: 1/292,000,000 or 3.424e-9 or 0.000000003424%. No matter what “system” is used those are still the odds of one set of numbers winning.
Have you bought a Powerball ticket?
Would you trust someone else to buy and hold the ticket?
Lottery Jackpot (https://roseylinn.wordpress.com/2016/01/11/lottery-jackpot/)