“Ghost Ship” is a twelve page science fiction/fantasy short story written by D. Wallace Peach. It was written for the “Five Elements Anthology” published February 9, 2015. It is also available as a free download for signing up for the authors newsletter. I am not being paid for my review.
Rating Legend: 1-Didn’t like it 2-It was alright, 3-I liked it, 4-It was pretty good/well done, 5-It was excellent
- Overall: 4
- Heroine: 4
- Hero: 4
- Read again: Yes
An alien, a ghost, a spaceship, a conflict with a boss and a fireplace poker. These are the five elements each of the stories in the “Five Elements Anthology” had to incorporate. D. Wallace Peach did a good job of doing so.
I gave it a rating of 4 because:
- Characters were well rounded and believable.
- The story was engaging. I started reading and didn’t stop until the end.
- The author foreshadowed the ending; and, there still was a twist to the story.
- The story was well edited.
- There was a good mixture of telling and showing. The story didn’t repeat itself very much at all.
- The backstory was woven into the story.
It was a well done short story. The authors website can be found here: https://mythsofthemirror.com/ The signup for the newsletter is on the left hand side of the screen.